Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Story in a Late Style of Fire


There is a new fund-raising venture for a documentary film about the work and the life of American poet Larry Levis. I stumbled across a trailer for the proposed film last year and became tremendously excited, posting a link to it on my blog, but it seems now the director Michele Poulos needs help to fund the remainder of the project.

Making a documentary costs money and Poulos has been funding the film out of her own pocket. She has since created a kickstarter page so fans of Larry can make donations without hassle. The poetry of Larry Levis has been very important to me these last several years and so making a donation was an easy decision. If you are a fan of Larry Levis's poetry as I am, I hope you will consider making a donation to such a worthy project!


(Thanks to Rob Taylor for keeping me abreast of these new developments)

No comments:

Post a Comment