Thursday, April 15, 2010

April is March Madness

I have to say I have been taking great pleasure in the variety of titles that this year’s National Poetry Month has on offer so far. I have bought John Steffler’s new book Lookout which I have been enjoying when I’m not nose-deep in my good friend Paul Vermeersch’s new book The Reinvention of the Human Hand. Both gentlemen launch their books along side Dionne Brand's Ossuaries at the Dora Keogh in Toronto on Monday April 19 at 6 pm. I will be in attendance so do come by and say hello.

Yesterday, my copy of Mark Callanan’s Sea Legend came from Caryl Peters at Frog Hollow Press and it may well be the prettiest chapbook I own. Other books I have yet to get my hands on are Triny Findlay’s new collection Histories Haunt Us, Ray Hsu’s Cold Sleep Permanent Afternoon and Jim Johnstone’s Patternicity, all from Nightwood Editions.

I still have not found time to finish reading Kay Ryan’s The Best of It and Edward Hirsch’s The Living Fire but nevertheless I walked into Wordsworth Books the other day and ordered Philip Schultz’s The God of Loneliness, C.K. Williams’s Dust and The Apple Trees at Olema by Robert Hass.

This coupled with the entire back poetry catalogue of Kim Addonizio I ordered from Abebooks should keep me well stocked with things to read for the next several weeks which reminds me I still need to pick up Kate Hall’s book The Certainty Dream by Coach House Press and…...

No comments:

Post a Comment