Thursday, December 3, 2009

More River Rock Press Broadsides

Here is the second broadside I designed and printed with my basement 6 x 10 Kelsey Excelsior last summer. The poem is called “Seeking Solace” by my wife Teresa Dunat-Banks and is from her award-winning chapbook Resident Alien published by Believe Your Own Press. This broadside turned out much nicer than my first one as it printed beautifully on the Canson Edition paper I purchased almost immediately with minimal trouble-shooting. I used the photopolymer plate-making services of Boxcar Press again to make the plate for this poem and was impressed how easy it was to register with my Boxcar Base that locks up easily in my Kelsey’s chase.


“Seeking Solace” A hand-printed broadside by Teresa Dunat-Banks (5 ¼ in. w by 10 in. h) typeset in Perpetua in a limited edition of 50 copies.

2 comments: