Monday, November 23, 2009

The Fiddlehead No.451 Autumn 2009

The autumn issue of The Fiddlehead, Atlantic Canada’s International Literary Journal, arrived at my door last week and I have to say I’ve been spending a lot of time with it ever since.

I think Ross Leckie, Jesse Ferguson, James Langer, and the whole staff are doing a terrific job. The American poet Norman Dubie, already a favorite poet of mine, has five poems inside.

Likewise, the Canadian poet Blaise Moritz, whose debut poetry collection Crown And Ribs I have enjoyed since it first came out two years ago, has two new sonnets in the magazine.

I also like poems in the issue by Shane Neilson, Hillel Schwartz and Paul Tyler, the latter two being new poets to me I had never heard of before. The international aspect of the magazine is also a big draw for me since I am already a wide reader of American poetry.

If you do not have a subscription already to The Fiddlehead, I would strongly urge you to get one based on this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment