Saturday, October 24, 2009

TNQ and The Literary Type



The New Quarterly has started their own blog called The Literary Type and people like me are just now starting to discover it. The New Quarterly has always been a magazine dedicated to publishing new and established Canadian voices. They publish a lot of poetry, short fiction and essays that speak powerfully about what it means to be a writer in Canada, and some work which occasionally infuriates me, which in truth is probably an indicator of a well-rounded, even-keeled literary magazine. I think the editors are doing a really great job which is why TNQ is one of several Canadian magazines that I subscribe to regularly. Check out their keen new t-shirts which I am still meaning to pick up for my wife and myself.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for the kind words! And about the work that infuriates you --- I'm glad to hear that, too. Though we try to work to consensus, sometimes the editors don't agree. Sometimes majority (or seniority) rules and I haven't always been on the winning side, so yeah, I understand where you're coming from! cheers, Rosalynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I wouldn't change a thing. I think you guys are doing great things over there.

    ReplyDelete